Evangelism Chair - Joy Dyer
Evangelism is telling the story of Jesus in many ways. One saint said, "Even use words if you have to." St. Paul says, "Preach the Word in season and out of season: Reprove, rebuke, exhort with great patience and instruction." 2 Timothy 4:2
Jesus last order to His disciples was:
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always even to the end of the age! Matthew 28:19-20
Some of the ways this has been done in Province VII are:
- Pray - praying for the churches all over the world. Start with
your church and expand out to cover the
- Read the Bible; put words and teachings in your heart and mind.
- Invite someone to come to church with you. A personal
invitation is effective.
- Include Bible studies in your Daughter's meetings, or have a
Bible study in someone's home.
- Start a "resale shop" open a few days a week or even
once a week to recycle clothes and household items. My church has a
resale shop in alliance with 12 other churches in our part of the city.
- Have a “Martha’s kitchen” and feed the poor.
- Form a Listening Group whose members provide a friendly listener
for those who need to express their troubles (no gossiping). Most people can/will sort out their problems
as they express them to a compassionate listener.
- Tell your personal, unique story of meeting Jesus and making Him
your own Lord. Others will be excited
and inspired as they hear how God has changed you and made you His own. So tell
- Set up an Alpha class.
This 10 week course teaches basic Christianity. Many people have forgotten, or never knew,
the basic tenants of our beliefs.
The Triennial theme this triennium was “Shining the Light of Christ.” We are the shining ones. Open your heart so that your face will glow with the love of God shining within you!
YOU CAN BE AN EVANGELIST! Just as Jesus instructed you.